Thursday, November 6, 2008

Day Time Drama Starring Terrell Owens

T.O. used to be my mortal enemy. Now he is my homie. He is a solid contributor on our team when the QB isn't a spokesperson for Hoveround. Ever since he arrived (or more accurately when Parcells left) he has been a choirboy. So when he is poked and prodded by the media to talk about how he feels, and he then tells the truth, it is automatically assumed that he is going to EXPLODE. Check this out via the Dallas Morning News:

"I can be frustrated but if I go out and talk about being frustrated, then it's another story," T.O. said. "For me, I just try to keep it in check and make the most of my opportunities. That's the only thing I can do. From here on out, all I can do is just run my routes and put what I do on film. If I'm open and I don't get the ball, then I don't get the ball. There's nothing really I can do. I can't throw and catch the ball myself. I can only just do what I can control."

Now when I read that, I think he said all the right things. The only problem is that this is the very first story listed on SI.com with the title: "T.O frustrated by Dallas back up QBs". This is an obvious attempt to play on the 7 year old story of Terrell being a problem child. The media wants to remind us constantly that T.O. could blow up at anytime. It's the old "He's at it again, he'll never change" way of thinking. If this was any other WR it would be a non-issue. Put a guy like Hines Ward in T.O.'s place. If it was Hines that said this, does it even make a Pittsburgh paper? I doubt it. Terrell has learned that anything he says is going to be blown out of proportion so he is very careful with what comes out of his mouth. If only the public could be so smart.

And how could T.O. not be frustrated? I mean come on, this Cowboys team has SO much potential that has been wasted in the past three weeks thanks to a bad quarterback. So if T.O. says Brad Johnson sucks, he will be viewed as a monster even though anyone who has a brain should agree with him.

Skip Bayless is my most hated member of the national media. He is consistently bitter about the way his situation went down with the Cowboys, so he takes every shot he can at us. Instead of using "Terrell Owens" or "T.O." or "Stinky Pants McGee" to refer to our #1 receiver, he calls him "Team Obliterator". Skip almost has a heart attack on a daily basis attempting to proclaim that T.O. is the world's worst person even though guys like Osama Bin Laden and Chase Harrell are still out there on the loose. More on Skip in a later post.

The days of standing on the star, sharpie product placements, wing flapping and front yard push ups are over. With the way the media treats him, you would think that he is still calling his quarterback gay. It is unfortunate that he is scrutinized for every word he says. I mean have you seen the media horde that surrounds him every time he is available for comment? They hold microphones and salivate at the twisted column that they will write when T.O. even mentions that he is frustrated.

Well now I'm frustrated. Next Question.

1 comment:

RedRaider8 said...

Nice first article. What I find great about the whole thing is when Troy Akiman said that this team has no "real leader", he then went on to say that when he played if someone or something went wrong that with out a doubt Micheal Irving would be there right away in your ear telling you what you did wrong. My problem with this is that if T.O did any such thing it would be called the end of the Dallas Cowboys, and that he is going to ruin our team, when in reality isnt that what every so-called expert says we are missing is a guy that can chew out his team for playing like shit. That is my take on the issue at least